Choosing the right warehouse to cater to the specific needs of your company can pose multiple challenges. From spending time and energy touring locations to evaluating features and functions finding the perfect space for you may require significant effort. However, picking a warehouse wisely can help structure your business operations efficiently. It will also give you better control over inventory management, distribution, and delivery. Ultimately, all of these will contribute towards an improved customer experience and greater loyalty from your customer base overall.
6 Questions to Consider During Your Warehouse Search
To simplify this complex process of searching, here is a list of 6 questions to ask when looking
to lease for a warehouse. Following these evaluation criteria will help you determine whether it’s the perfect fit for your business. This list covers the fundamental attributes required to cover your warehousing needs.
- Does it meet your storage, distribution, and transportation needs? The warehouse should be appropriate for the goods you are trying to store and distribute. You want to ensure the equipment available within the space for movement, serves your purpose. There should also be a system in place for receiving shipment of your goods and meeting consumer orders on time.
- Is it a cost-efficient option? Ask questions about the pricing structure, including
rentstorage rates and applicable taxes.
- How is inventory managed? It’s important to monitor inventory with care and manage the process of tracking, movement, and delivery in a cost-effective manner. Be on the lookout for unique software systems offered with warehousing services, that help you track, alter, and manage your shipments and inventory effectively.
- Are the operations sustainable? You may want to ask whether the warehouse follows sustainable practices and operations. Does it works toward efforts to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle materials in a commitment to an environmentally friendly approach?
- How secure is the facility? Based on your specific requirements, carefully consider the security features offered by the warehouse. These can include (but are not limited to): sprinkler systems, certified alarm systems and proximity to first responders in the area.
Van Brunt Warehousing Caters to Diverse Customer Needs
Van Brunt Logistics & Warehousing proudly celebrates over 45 years’ experience in the industry, with a central focus on customer care and satisfaction. As industry experts, our team of highly skilled staff will professionally cater to all your operational, logistical, and handling and distribution needs.
Contact Van Brunt Logistics & Warehousing with any questions or to learn more about our effective warehousing, distribution, and inventory management methodology. Call 908-282-7080 to speak with our team about your needs.